I missed my court date. What will happen now?

It depends on the charge. If you were charged with a petty or business offense (such as Speeding, Operating an Uninsured Motor Vehicle or an Accident charge, for example), a judgment will likely have been entered against you and a fine assessed as prescribed by law. If you were charged with a misdemeanor offense (Driving on a Suspended License, Driving Under the Influence or Leaving the Scene of an Accident, for example) a warrant may have been issued for your arrest. On occasion, the court will refrain from issuing a warrant and instruct that you be otherwise contacted. Call the Peoria County Circuit Clerks Office at 309-672-6001 for information regarding the status of your case. If a warrant was issued, you may turn yourself in to the Peoria County Jail and post your bond. If you are unable to post bond, you will usually appear before the Court within 48 hours.

Show All Answers

1. Do I need to hire an attorney to represent me on my traffic charge?
2. How can I get my bond back?
3. I cannot make my upcoming court date. Can I change it?
4. I cannot pay my fine. How can I get an extension?
5. I missed my court date. What will happen now?
6. I received an operating uninsured motor vehicle ticket and I had insurance. What should I do?
7. I received notice that I owe a fine, even though I have not been to court. What can I do?
8. I was in an accident with another vehicle which was uninsured. Will I be able to get money from Traffic Court?
9. Is there any way I can keep a traffic ticket off my record?
10. My ticket says $75 and it also says I must come to court. Is my fine $75?
11. What is the difference between a bench trial and a jury trial?
12. What is the difference between a ticket marked must appear and a ticket marked may appear?
13. What should I do If I want to contest my traffic ticket?