1. In consultation with various justice partners, effective July 12, 2021, a new Circuit-Wide Operational Plan For The Courts, including Courthouse Access and Trials was entered.
2. While the details of A.O. 2021-07 are significant and can be found in full at www.10thcircuitcourtil.org it can be summarized as follows:
- Jury trials resume weekly in all Traffic, Misdemeanor, Felony and Civil Courtrooms.
- Phase 5 guidelines will be followed in the Courthouse. Vaccinated persons do not have to wear a mask unless very specific conditions are met. Those entering the Courthouse should have a mask available.
3. During this unprecedented time, the cooperative efforts of many, including the public, has been appreciated so that access to justice and appropriate concern for public health has coincided. Thank you.
4. Jury Trials have been conducted safely to date from a juror perspective; safeguards will continue to reduce the risk to the public while serving the citizens of the Tenth Judicial Circuit.
5. During this time of ever-present change, the courts, attorneys, court staff and justice partners have worked collectively for the benefit of the public and will continue to do so…looking forward with optimism.
ENTERED: July 12, 2021
Katherine S. Gorman, Chief Judge