Our office reopened to the public on June 1. While we look forward to resuming in-person services, we still strongly encourage residents to continue utilizing phone, email, and web-based communication to contact us whenever possible.
Patrons of the Peoria County Courthouse will be asked to wear a face-covering and maintain social distancing where possible and may be asked to provide contact information. Please check our reopening plan for full details, or call ahead, before making a trip.
The County Administrator is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of Peoria County government, an organization that encompasses 27 departments - including nine elected offices - and approximately 850 employees. The County’s annual budget is $130 million.
The Peoria County Administrator also advises the County Board on matters of policy, and implements the directives of the County Board. Responsibilities of the office include:
- Development of the annual budget
- Provision of administrative services to the County Board
- Administration of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action policies and programs
- Human Resource Management and Payroll
- Risk Management
- Facilities Management
- Communications and PR Management
- A number of delegated programs
The County Administrator reports to the County Board and has supervisory authority over the following departments:
- Animal Protection Services
- County Administration
- Facility and Grounds Operations
- Finance Department
- Heddington Oaks Long Term Care Facility
- Highway Department
- Information Technology Services
- Office of Sustainability and Resource Conservation
- Planning and Zoning Department
- Supervisor of Assessment’s Office
Obtaining Information and FOIA
Peoria County is preparing to temporarily reduce the size of its government due to the evolving Covid-19 situation. As a result, we are requesting an extension of 30 days for all FOIA requests during this time.
Employee Compensation Report
In compliance with 5 ILCS 120/7.3(b), Peoria County government has compiled a list of employees who have a total compensation package of $75,000 or more approved as part of the annual budget. "Total compensation package" means payment by the employer to the employee for salary plus benefits that may include health insurance, a housing allowance, a vehicle allowance, a clothing allowance, bonuses, loans, vacation days granted, and sick days granted.
This list is also available at the Peoria County Administration Office.