Peoria County – Peoria County Government is happy to announce a special Learn with Peoria County Safety & Preparedness Series at Chillicothe Public Library this Spring.
During this special series of educational presentations, Peoria County employees from the Peoria County Sheriff’s Department and Peoria County Emergency Management Agency will share their expertise to educate Peoria County residents on the importance of situational awareness, personal safety, emergency preparedness, and more.
These free programs are for adults ages 18 and older. All programs will begin at 6:00 p.m. Registration is encouraged but not required. Residents can RSVP online at: http://bit.ly/peoriacounty or by calling Chillicothe Public Library at (309) 274-2719.
Chillicothe Public Library is located at 430 N Bradley Ave, Chillicothe, IL 61523.
LEARN with PEORIA COUNTY - Safety & Preparedness Series at Chillicothe Public Library
April 2 – Situational Awareness: A Life Safety Skill
- Instructor: Chief Deputy Doug Gaa, Peoria County Sheriff’s Office
- In a world full of distractions, being situationally aware and attuned to our environment is not always at the forefront of our minds. Join Chief Deputy Doug Gaa of the Peoria County Sheriff’s Office as he walks through the importance of Situational Awareness as it applies to home, public places, suspicious activity, the behaviors of those around us, and making the safest decisions when facing a threat or issue of concern.
April 9 – Disaster and Emergency Preparedness: Are You Prepared?
- Instructor: Jason Marks, Director of Emergency Management and Preparedness
- While we can never know when or where the next disaster will strike, we can do our best to keep ourselves and our families safe when it does. Join the Peoria City/County Health Department’s emergency management experts as they explain the best ways to prepare and protect your family by developing a family emergency plan, identifying points of contact, and creating an emergency preparedness kit so you can be prepared before disaster strikes.
April 23 – Personal Safety: Don’t Become a Victim
- Instructor: Aimee Shinall, Peoria County Sheriff’s Office
- The first step to avoid becoming a victim is knowing how to protect yourself. The Peoria County Sheriff’s Office Victim Services Coordinator, Aimee Shinall, will explain the best practices in helping to keep your family safe from abusive behaviors, residential burglary, common scams, and more.
May 7 – Cyber Safety: Staying Safe on the Internet
- Instructor: Detective Scott Gamboe, Peoria County Sheriff’s Office
- As technology continues to play such an important role in our day-to-day lives, it is important to stay vigilant against threats in the digital world. Join Detective Scott Gamboe of the Peoria County Sheriff’s Office for a forensic exploration into the dangers of the Internet and how you can protect yourself against Internet scams, phishing, identity theft, and more.
For more information about Learn with Peoria County programs or presentation topics, please visit www.peoriacounty.org/450.